Friday, December 10, 2010

Spaghetti Squash Chicken Casserole


I got a spaghetti squash as part of my Bountiful Basket last weekend and didn't quite know what to do with it or how to cook it. Lucky it came with directions claiming it is "The Fun Squash"- I was excited to try.

It said it comes out like spaghetti noodle so I made it into a casserole dish in place of the noodles. Per the instructions- I cut it in half- NOT FUN SQUASH!!! I was told after if you put in the microwave a couple of minutes, it will be easier to cut open.
I scooped out all the stuff inside and putting it cut-side down, baked it in the oven for 55 minutes at 350. While that was baking, I put together the rest of the ingredients so I can put it together when the squash was ready.

Ingredients:
garlic salt
1 chicken breast; cooked and cubed
1 c. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. shredded cheese
1 box stuffing
1 c. chicken broth

Directions:
After the squash is cooked, take a fork and scoop all the squash out- it really did look like spaghetti noodles! Spread the squash in a greased 13x9 dish and season with the garlic salt. In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, chicken, and cheese until blended. Spread evenly over the squash. Sprinkle the dry stuffing mix over top and drizzle the chicken broth over top.
Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes.
Serves 4




I was actually surprised at how much I liked this! I have never eaten a spaghetti squash- which is why I used garlic salt- I wasn't sure if it would work- and it did! I even tried some squash without the casserole on top and I did like it- YAY! My mom got a squash too and this morning when I was over there I was tempted to take theirs! Something I would make again.


No comments:

Post a Comment