Monday, December 6, 2010

Baked Chicken with Vegetables

My go-to quick dinner! We were running around all day and I wanted something "good" before I left with Riley to Scouts- so I threw a chicken breast in the oven and chopped up some vegetables I had on hand. Cranked the oven to 450 and it was done in no time!

Ingredients:
4 baking potatoes- cleaned and diced
1 yellow squash- diced
handful of baby carrots
3 tomatoes- diced

Pre-heat the oven to 450 and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Toss vegetables with garlic salt and pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until tender.

I put a chicken breast in a baking dish- seasoned with garlic and red pepper. Bake in oven 25 minutes or so at 450 and cube chicken when no longer pink. (I put it in the oven with the vegetables so it would cook at the same time.) Mix chicken with baked vegetables and serve.


I love sauces so I always put a little on mine. I used the Orange Sauce- it has a little bit of a kick but not too spicy.


No comments:

Post a Comment