Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chicken Chili

Cold and rainy weather- definitely time for chili! I make mine in the crock pot and let it do all the work! I have a different recipe that calls for pineapple and I really like the combination of the spicy chilies and the sweetness of the pineapple so I threw some in too- but I usually make it without.


Ingredients:
1 chicken breast
1 can pinto beans; drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans; drained and rinsed
1 can chili beans with sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
1 small can diced chilies
1 small can pineapple with juice *not usually in but I tried this time*
1 chili packet or add your own seasonings

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a greased crock pot. Cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. Take out the chicken and cube it. Place back in crock pot.

Garnish with cheese, sour cream, or tortilla chips. I like to put rice in my bowl then top with the chili.
Serves 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment