Thursday, November 18, 2010

Baked Acorn Squash with Apples and Brown Sugar

I did my first week of Bountiful Baskets and was so excited to try vegetables I would not usually buy. Like this. Acorn squash. I pulled up a couple of different recipes off the internet and combined 2 that I really liked. I do not like acorn squash- but I tried it! Brad really liked it- but he likes stuff like this.



Ingredients:

1 acorn squash; cut in 1/2
1 apple; cored and diced
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. butter; softened
2 tbsp. maple syrup

Directions:

Pre heat oven to 400.

Scoop the seeds and stringy pulp out of the squash and discard. Place them on a baking sheet, cut side up. Rub the inside with the butter- 1 tbsp. on each. Fill the squash with the apple. Drizzle 1 tbsp. of the syrup over each one- then sprinkle on the brown sugar.

Bake in the oven for 1 hour until the squash is tender when pierced with a fork.
Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment